Use the filters for the tsuba, tsuka-ito, and saya to filter through the tens of choices.
Prices in $CAD. Currency estimates available in the footer.
Most custom tanto are ready to ship three to four weeks after purchase.
49.95$ Expedited Shipping (2-5 Weeks) to USA, Canada, and Australia.
74.95$ UPS Express Shipping (1-2 Weeks) Worldwide.
Choose your custom tanto’s components and place your order
You can choose from an innumerable amount of combinations, each more beautiful than the other.
First of all, you can focus on customizing your blade… And it all starts with whether you want your blade sharpened or not. Afterward, you have to choose the blade’s metal, which comes in 6 main types. Then, you can choose whether you want a beautiful, Clay-Tempered Natural Hamon on your blade, available in 8 distinct styles. Afterward, you can add a Blood Groove (Bo-Hi) on the blade, add a colored microplating with one of our 5 available colors, and also engrave your tanto’s blade.
After the blade, you can focus on the Habaki & Seppa, then the Tsuba & Fittings. These two pieces make the hard finishing of your blade, and there are hundreds of options to choose from, especially for the Tsuba, Koshira, Menuki and Koshira. Use the filters above the options to filter through our more than 100 types of tsuba and fittings for your custom tanto.
Afterward, you can customize your Handle Wrap and its Rayskin Under Wrap (Same’Gawa). This is where you can choose from a variety of colors for the part that you will hold, and give your sword a beautiful finish.
Finally, you can choose from tens of options for your Scabbard (Saya) and also engrave your saya with a hand-drawn pattern. Once again, we recommend using the filters above the scabbard options to choose your saya as there are a multitude of possible selections. Then, you can choose your Scabbard Cord (Sageo) from 17 options. These are the finishing pieces of your specially made tanto, that is now designed exactly in your image from literally millions of possible combinations and designs.Read More
We hand-forge and perfect your sword
24 hours after you place your order (a time we leave for any changed you’d like to make), our master swordsmith starts to work on your beautiful custom tanto.
For most custom swords (in 85% of cases) we have blades, fittings, and other components ready to go. In these cases, the full assembly of the sword takes from 1 to 2 weeks. For more complex swords (in 15% of cases), it can take us around 3-4 weeks, up to maximum 6 to have it assembled.
We send you pictures of your tanto sword for approval
Once the swordsmith has finished building your beautiful custom tanto, he then takes pictures of it from multiple angles to make sure everything is exactly as you want it to.
There are big-size pictures taken from the front, from the side, and the top… And also closeups of most angles. We send you these pictures by email, and your custom tantoisn’t shipped until we get your full approval for the sword’s looks.
We ship your custom-made tanto
Once you approve the pictures, we send your sword by Express Service. This ensures speedy delivery times as your custom tanto shouldn’t take months to arrive.
Free shipping is available in the United States only and is done by SF Express, which takes 1-2 weeks to arrive. For every other country including the previous three, we also have UPS Express Shipping, which costs 59.95$ and takes around 1 week to arrive once it’s sent.
Please note that you can have an import tax to pay depending on your location, which you must take into account since we cannot pay it for you. In most cases, it’s from 10 to 40$ depending on your country and the price of your custom tanto.
- Full-tang blade with two bamboo mekugi holding the blade and handle together.
- When you choose the razor-sharp option, your custom tanto is hand-sharpened using our traditional 14-step process.
- Blade made of your choice of steel. You can choose your sword’s metal type, your clay-tempered natural hamon options, whether to have a (perhaps double?) Bo-Hi or not, whether you want your custom tanto’s blade microplated with a special color, and finally, whether you want an engraving.
- Your choice from 154 Handle Guard (Tsuba) and fittings (Menuki, Fuchi & Koshira) options. We recommend using the filter above the options to narrow down the options.
- Your choice of Rayskin Underwrap (Same’Gawa) from 6 options and from 22 Handle Wrap (Ito) options. We recommend using the filter above the options to narrow down the options for your tanto’s handle wrap.
- Your choice from 65 Scabbard (Saya) options and 17 Sageo options. We recommend using the filter above the options to narrow down the options for your custom tanto’s scabbard.
- Total Sword Length: 19.9″ ~ 50.6cm
- Blade Length: 11.8″ ~ 30cm
- Handle Length: 7.7″ ~ 19.6cm
All our swords are sent from the lovely city of Longquan, China. We will gladly ship orders for all the following countries:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Greenland Island, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Ivory Coast, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United States of America
We cannot ship to other countries outside from this list for legality reasons. In most other countries, our swords get confiscated at the customs office when they arrive.
These are the shipping options we have for all swords, bare blades, and scabbards:
Free Shipping Options - Available for only one country:
- USA Only: FREE SF Express Shipping – around 12 days (currently ~10-28 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
Paid Shipping Options - Everywhere including the USA:
- 49.95$ UPS Shipping – around 2-3 days (currently ~7-15 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
These are the shipping options we have for all tsuba and fittings, handle wraps, scabbard cords, blade collars, swords stands and swords bags:
Free Shipping Options:
- 27 Countries*: FREE EMS ePacket Shipping – around 28 days (currently ~21-60 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
- 16 Countries*: FREE China Post Airmail Shipping – around 45 days (currently ~40-80 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
Paid Shipping Options - Everywhere including the 3 countries where Free Shipping is available:
- Everywhere: 34.95$ UPS Shipping – around 2-3 days (currently ~7-15 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
* The 27 countries supporting ePacket shipping are: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
* The 16 other countries where we send parts and accessories by China Post Airmail shipping are: Argentina, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Czech Republic, Greenland Island, Iceland, Ivory Coast, Macau, Morocco, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Slovakia, Slovenia, Taiwan
Returns & Refunds
We accept returns up to 60 days after the reception of your package.
If there’s any problem at all with your products, we will make it right. These are our terms for the returns:
- If any product has fabrication defects or has other unpardonable problems, we offer you a refund or replacement upon a proof with a picture.
- We accept returns for intact products that are still in their original package. If you have thrown the package away, we, unfortunately, can’t accept your return.
- If it’s a mistake on our end, and your product is damaged or has defects, we pay the return shipping. If you simply don’t like it and want to return it, you pay the shipping. Another small way of highlighting our superior customer service.
Unfortunately, we don't accept any returns and refunds on Customized Swords, Scabbards, and Blades. This includes engravings and personalizations on non-custom swords and scabbards.
Our goal is simple: to create the most customized swords possible at an affordable price. Whether you’re a martial arts practitioner, a sword collector, or more of a sword aficionado, we got you covered.
Our main ambition is to delight our clients. To do that, we use a combination of two things:
- Precise, efficient craftsmanship by master swordsmiths.
- Unparalleled customer service.
Our specialty is in traditional Japanese swords (nihontō). Yet, we also create European longswords and traditional Chinese swords such as the Dao and the Jian.
From the master swordsmiths of Longquan to your door…
The legendary swordsmith Ou Yezi forged a sword at the foot of Qingxi Mountain more than 2600 years ago. Little did he know, but this would be the start of a legendary swordsmithing tradition… His sword being recognized nowadays as “The First Sword”.
Longquan, located on the upper reaches of the Ou River, then slowly became the place of choice for swordsmiths through the ages. With time, the town became legendary for its swordsmaking.
Martial artists all over China and around the world became enamored with its swords, which are for the most part works of art as well as formidable weapons. Nowadays, there are countless swordsmiths all over Longquan… All still following the traditional swordsmaking tradition. And you can guess, we only work with the best of them.
For now more than 13 years, our manufacturing plant in Longquan has housed some of China’s brightest swordsmakers. We only work with the very best, and this is an assurance of our first promise: precise, efficient craftsmanship that creates true works of art for you.
Ninjato/Chokuto Sword: High-Carbon 1060 Steel Black Microplating Straight Blade with Single Bo-Hi0 out of 5
$297.00Quick View Natural Symbols
Katana Sword: Folded 1060 Steel Blade with Single Bo-Hi + Red Microplating0 out of 5
$547.00Quick View Natural Symbols
Katana Sword: High-Carbon 1060 Steel Blade with Single Bo-Hi0 out of 5
$247.00Quick View Animal Kingdom Symbols
Custom Katana5.00 out of 5From: