Custom Ninjato SwordOrder a full-tang, battle-ready custom ninjato sword created specifically for you. Each sword is fully functional and built over the course of weeks by seasoned forgers, togishi, and assemblers.
Use the filters for the tsuba, tsuka-ito, and saya to filter through the tens of choices.
Prices in $CAD. Currency estimates available in the footer.
Choose your custom ninjato’s components and place your order
Create your own ninjato by choosing from an innumerable amount of combinations… each more beautiful than the other.
First of all, you can focus on customizing your blade… And it all starts with your blade’s length, shape, sori, kissaki, and bo-hi. These are the initial components which determine the shape and look of your custom sword.
Then, it’s time to choose your blade metal and lamination, which comes in ten main types… from simple, inexpensive high-carbon steel to the uber-expensive and precious Tamahagane.
Once the blade metal is chosen, you can add a beautiful Hamon to your blade… available in eight natural, clay-tempered styles, and four abrasive styles (which are free). Natural, clay-tempered hamon styles can also have their boshi (the finish on the kissaki) customized.
Then it’s up to the last touches for the blade. If you chose a blade with a natural hamon (or a lamination style with a hamon), you can choose to add a beautiful, high-end polish. Our togishi (polisher) will make the hamon look like something out of an ancient Japanese book with his skills. Finally, you can add a colored layer with one of our available colors… Or even engrave your ninjato’s blade. Your blade is finally done.
After the blade, you can focus on the Habaki & Seppa, then the Tsuba (Guard) and its fittings: the koshira, the menuki, and fuchi. There are hundreds of options to choose from… especially for the Tsuba and its fittings. You can use the filters above the options to filter through everything. There are more than 170 types of tsuba and fittings for your custom ninjato. Please make sure to use the filters so you can find your perfect tsuba faster.
Afterward, you can customize your Handle, which starts with selecting its length. Then, you have to choose your Handle Wrap and its Rayskin Under Wrap (Same’Gawa). This is where you can choose from a variety of colors for the part that you will hold in your palm… and give your sword a beautiful finish.
Finally, you can choose from tens of options for your Scabbard (Saya).. And also engrave your saya with a hand-drawn pattern. Once again, we recommend using the filters above the saya options to filter the vast amount of choices. Then, you can choose your Saya Cord (Sageo) from 19 options to finish your build. These are the finishing pieces of your specially made ninjato… One that is now designed exactly in your image. Congratulations on making it this far and having it in your sword bag! You’re now officially a superhuman.
We hand-forge and perfect your sword
Your order will start processing 24 hours after you place it. This is a time we leave for any changes you’d like to make. A couple of days later, our master swordsmith starts forging your sword’s blade. About a week later, our togishi (blade polisher and sharpener) takes charge.
When the blade is ready, it’s time to assemble your samurai sword. For most custom swords (in 85% of cases) we have blades, fittings, and other components ready to go. In these cases, the full assembly of the sword takes one to two, maximum three weeks. For more complex swords (in 15% of cases), it can take us up to two-three months to have it assembled.
Here is a list of components for which forging and assembly takes much longer than the usual two-three weeks:
- Sanmai, Shihozume, Kobuse, and Tamahagane Steel Types and Laminations
- Blade lengths under or over the regular 71cm
- Kiriha-Zukuri and Sabakato Blade Shapes
- Ikari-Kissaki Blade Tip styles
- Any Unokubi-Zukuri Bo-Hi styles
- Yakizume or Hakikake Boshi styles
- Hazuya or Secret Polishing styles
- Sharpening made Extra-Sharp with Special Stones
- Custom-made Habaki styles
- Handle lengths under or over the regular 27cm
- Superior inner wood, outer brass & Ultimate Saya styles
We send you pictures of your sword for approval
Once the sword is ready and assembled, we take its pictures. We always do many angles to make sure everything is exactly as you ordered.
We send you these pictures by email. Your custom ninjato isn’t shipped until we get your full approval for the sword’s looks. There are big-size pictures taken from the front, from the side, and the top… And also close-ups of most angles.
We ship the package
Once you approve the pictures, we send your sword by either Expedited or Express Services. This ensures speedy delivery times.
- Expedited shipping is Available in Four Countries | 49.95$ | Sent with SF-Express or EMS to USA, Canada, France, and Australia
- Express Shipping is Available Worldwide | 74.95$ | Sent with UPS, FedEx, etc. (1-2 Weeks) Worldwide
Please note that you can have an import tax to pay depending on your location. You must take into account since we cannot pay it for you and is not our responsibility. In most cases, it ranges from 10 to 40$ depending on your country and the price of your custom ninjato.
All our swords are sent from the lovely city of Longquan, China. We will gladly ship orders for all the following countries:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Greenland Island, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Ivory Coast, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United States of America
We cannot ship to other countries outside from this list for legality reasons. In most other countries, our swords get confiscated at the customs office when they arrive.
These are the shipping options we have for all swords and bare blades:
Expedited Shipping Options - Available for only USA, Canada, Australia:
- 49.95$ SF-Express & EMS Shipping – 2 to 5 weeks – Track your order with your Custom Number
Paid Shipping Options - Everywhere including the USA:
- 74.95$ UPS Shipping – 1 to 2 weeks – Track your order with your Custom Number
These are the shipping options we have for all tsuba and fittings, handle wraps, scabbard cords, blade collars, swords stands and swords bags:
Free Shipping Options:
- 27 Countries*: FREE EMS ePacket Shipping – around 28 days (currently ~21-60 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
- 16 Countries*: FREE China Post Airmail Shipping – around 45 days (currently ~40-80 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
Paid Shipping Options - Everywhere including the 3 countries where Free Shipping is available:
- Everywhere: 34.95$ UPS Shipping – around 2-3 days (currently ~7-15 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
* The 27 countries supporting ePacket shipping are: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
* The 16 other countries where we send parts and accessories by China Post Airmail shipping are: Argentina, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Czech Republic, Greenland Island, Iceland, Ivory Coast, Macau, Morocco, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Taiwan
Returns & Refunds
We accept returns up to 60 days after the reception of your package.
If there’s any problem at all with your products, we will make it right. These are our terms for the returns:
- If any product has fabrication defects or has other unpardonable problems, we offer you a refund or replacement upon a proof with a picture.
- We accept returns for intact products that are still in their original package. If you have thrown the package away, we, unfortunately, can’t accept your return.
- If it’s a mistake on our end, and your product is damaged or has defects, we pay the return shipping. If you simply don’t like it and want to return it, you pay the shipping. Another small way of highlighting our superior customer service.
Unfortunately, we don't accept any returns and refunds on Customized Swords, Scabbards, and Blades. This includes engravings and personalizations on non-custom swords and scabbards.
Our goal is simple: to create the most customized swords possible at an affordable price. Whether you’re a martial arts practitioner, a sword collector, or more of a sword aficionado, we got you covered.
Our main ambition is to delight our clients. To do that, we use a combination of two things:
- Precise, efficient craftsmanship by master swordsmiths.
- Unparalleled customer service.
Our specialty is in traditional Japanese swords (nihontō). Yet, we also create European longswords and traditional Chinese swords such as the Dao and the Jian.
From the master swordsmiths of Longquan to your door…
The legendary swordsmith Ou Yezi forged a sword at the foot of Qingxi Mountain more than 2600 years ago. Little did he know, but this would be the start of a legendary swordsmithing tradition… His sword being recognized nowadays as “The First Sword”.
Longquan, located on the upper reaches of the Ou River, then slowly became the place of choice for swordsmiths through the ages. With time, the town became legendary for its swordsmaking.
Martial artists all over China and around the world became enamored with its swords, which are for the most part works of art as well as formidable weapons. Nowadays, there are countless swordsmiths all over Longquan… All still following the traditional swordsmaking tradition. And you can guess, we only work with the best of them.
For now more than 13 years, our manufacturing plant in Longquan has housed some of China’s brightest swordsmakers. We only work with the very best, and this is an assurance of our first promise: precise, efficient craftsmanship that creates true works of art for you.