High-Carbon 1060 Steel Bare Blade for Katana, Wakizashi, Tanto/Kanto or Chokuto/Ninjato (Clay-Tempering & Microplating Available)
Prices in $CAD. Currency estimates available in the footer.
- Base metal: 1060 High-Carbon Steel. Our standard steel blade, which is our cheapest and most used.
- Hand-forged blade, fully made especially with your custom specifications, exactly as asked.
- Can be made for any katana, chokuto/ninjato, tanto/kanto, or wakizashi sword. We can also make other, custom sizes as per your needs.
- The blade can be clay-tempered, adding a beautiful natural hamon with the pattern of your choice.
- We can add a blood-groove (bo-hi), or perhaps a double one, or even a double Kiriha-Zukuri blood groove, giving the sword a more intense look and feel.
- The blade can also be microplated, adding a layer of color which enhances its aesthetic and protects it. We recommend using microplated swords for light cutting only since the microplating can fall off with extreme usage.
- Extremely durable blade, made for heavy-duty swords wielding.
Available Blade Sizes
- Tanto/Kanto Curved Blade: 13″ ~ 33cm
- Wakizashi Curved Blade: 20″ ~ 50.8cm
- Katana Curved Blade: 28″ ~ 71.1cm
- Ninjato/Chokuto Straight Blade: 28″ ~ 71.1cm
All our swords are sent from the lovely city of Longquan, China. We will gladly ship orders for all the following countries:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Greenland Island, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Ivory Coast, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United States of America
We cannot ship to other countries outside from this list for legality reasons. In most other countries, our swords get confiscated at the customs office when they arrive.
These are the shipping options we have for all swords, bare blades, and scabbards:
Free Shipping Options - Available for only one country:
- USA Only: FREE SF Express Shipping – around 12 days (currently ~10-28 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
Paid Shipping Options - Everywhere including the USA:
- 49.95$ UPS Shipping – around 2-3 days (currently ~7-15 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
These are the shipping options we have for all tsuba and fittings, handle wraps, scabbard cords, blade collars, swords stands and swords bags:
Free Shipping Options:
- 27 Countries*: FREE EMS ePacket Shipping – around 28 days (currently ~21-60 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
- 16 Countries*: FREE China Post Airmail Shipping – around 45 days (currently ~40-80 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
Paid Shipping Options - Everywhere including the 3 countries where Free Shipping is available:
- Everywhere: 34.95$ UPS Shipping – around 2-3 days (currently ~7-15 days because of slow global transit) – Track your order with your Custom Number
* The 27 countries supporting ePacket shipping are: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
* The 16 other countries where we send parts and accessories by China Post Airmail shipping are: Argentina, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Czech Republic, Greenland Island, Iceland, Ivory Coast, Macau, Morocco, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Slovakia, Slovenia, Taiwan
Returns & Refunds
We accept returns up to 60 days after the reception of your package.
If there’s any problem at all with your products, we will make it right. These are our terms for the returns:
- If any product has fabrication defects or has other unpardonable problems, we offer you a refund or replacement upon a proof with a picture.
- We accept returns for intact products that are still in their original package. If you have thrown the package away, we, unfortunately, can’t accept your return.
- If it’s a mistake on our end, and your product is damaged or has defects, we pay the return shipping. If you simply don’t like it and want to return it, you pay the shipping. Another small way of highlighting our superior customer service.
Unfortunately, we don't accept any returns and refunds on Customized Swords, Scabbards, and Blades. This includes engravings and personalizations on non-custom swords and scabbards.
Our goal is simple: to create the most customized swords possible at an affordable price. Whether you’re a martial arts practitioner, a sword collector, or more of a sword aficionado, we got you covered.
Our main ambition is to delight our clients. To do that, we use a combination of two things:
- Precise, efficient craftsmanship by master swordsmiths.
- Unparalleled customer service.
Our specialty is in traditional Japanese swords (nihontō). Yet, we also create European longswords and traditional Chinese swords such as the Dao and the Jian.
From the master swordsmiths of Longquan to your door…
The legendary swordsmith Ou Yezi forged a sword at the foot of Qingxi Mountain more than 2600 years ago. Little did he know, but this would be the start of a legendary swordsmithing tradition… His sword being recognized nowadays as “The First Sword”.
Longquan, located on the upper reaches of the Ou River, then slowly became the place of choice for swordsmiths through the ages. With time, the town became legendary for its swordsmaking.
Martial artists all over China and around the world became enamored with its swords, which are for the most part works of art as well as formidable weapons. Nowadays, there are countless swordsmiths all over Longquan… All still following the traditional swordsmaking tradition. And you can guess, we only work with the best of them.
For now more than 13 years, our manufacturing plant in Longquan has housed some of China’s brightest swordsmakers. We only work with the very best, and this is an assurance of our first promise: precise, efficient craftsmanship that creates true works of art for you.
9260 Spring Steel Blade for Katana, Wakizashi, Tanto/Kanto or Chokuto/Ninjato (Microplating Available)0 out of 5Sale! From:
$347.0Quick ViewSelect options
Folded 1060 Steel Blade for Katana, Wakizashi, Tanto/Kanto or Chokuto/Ninjato (Clay-Tempering & Microplating Available)0 out of 5Sale! From:
$297.0Quick ViewSelect options
Folded 1095 Steel Blade for Katana, Wakizashi, Tanto/Kanto or Chokuto/Ninjato (Clay-Tempering & Microplating Available)0 out of 5Sale! From:
$347.0Quick ViewSelect options
High-Carbon 1095 Steel Blade for Katana, Wakizashi, Tanto/Kanto or Chokuto/Ninjato (Clay-Tempering & Microplating Available)0 out of 5Sale! From:
$327.0Quick ViewSelect options